Pretty straightforward way to make tasty chicken with cheap ingredients in a relatively healthy way. The hardest parts are seasoning under the skin and waiting for it to be done.
The wire rack allows the chicken to get crispy on the outside and shed some of its fat. For the second round of baking, use an instant read thermometer to make sure the meat near the bone is about 160°F. If it’s not there yet, stick them in the oven for a bit longer before checking again.
- 2 Chicken thighs, with bone & skin
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper
- 2 pinches Coarse sea salt
- Put a wire rack inside a foil-rimmed baking sheet, then place chicken thighs on the rack.
- Open a space between the top of each thigh and its skin. Apply seasonings between each thigh and its skin, on its skin, and on the other side.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.